Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 4 Exercise 9

I've been exploring Blogline's search tool - love it. I found a podcast that I can exactly use for my students at 8D Spinning History.

I also found this ongoing support for Web 2.0 - you may have already seen it but I thought it worth mentioning. Classroom 2.0 Wiki.



I've added the edits and discussion to my RSS feeds. I wasn't sure which I'd most want so I figured I'd try both and then choose. I am definitely concerned about getting information without getting overloaded.
Does anyone know if I can mark the new messages as read without having to go to the site. Already I'm finding the news feeds overwhelming. I like to scan to see if there's something I want to read but, if not, I'd like to get them off the screen without having to go to that site. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Mrs. Yollis said...

I had not seen that Wiki 2.0. Thanks for the tip! There is so much out there it is hard to get through it. Love the animal poster your did! :-)

Mary Ann said...

If you use the "reader" tools i.e. Google Reader, you can mark things read to eliminate repetition. Great job!

Dashboard Diva said...

This Classroom 2.0 seems to be widely spread. Thanks for the wiki link!

Lorna

Mr. Pont said...

Hi aLearner2 :)

So, yeah like what Mary said. If you use google reader, then merely scrolling the reader on the right, it'll mark them as read.

I subscribed to the LA times and get about 30-40 stories a day but it takes me but a minute to scroll down them. As I'm using my mouse to scroll down them, they automatically get "read" and you see the number decrease. no clicking necessary. When you see an article you like you read the excerpt and then, if needed, click on the item to see the actual page it came from. Quite handy